FOMO is a real thing, and we all feel pressure sometimes. It’s hard to not be a part of trends. Maybe you feel left out from never being able to share hookup stories with all your friends. Or maybe you’ve decided to wait for religious reasons or for personal reasons. No matter the reason, your virginity isn't something you should be ashamed of or feel like you have to hide. The one cool thing about having your virginity in your 20s (besides all the other reasons I’m about to tell you), is that there is no age limit as to when you have to start having sex. Also, while it may seem like you’re alone in the “I’m a virgin in my 20s club”, you’re not! There are actually a lot of members, and here are a couple reasons why it’s totally fine to still hold your membership card.
1) You’re waiting until you feel completely ready: Until you’re ready to share your first sexual experience with another person - listen to your gut and stick to your instincts.
2) You’re learning more about yourself in the process: No one else can know your body better than you do! Take the time to explore your body and what feels good for you.
3) You may be disinterested in sex at the moment: or you may identify as asexual. People who identify as asexual don't feel any sexual attraction at all.
4) There’s sexual liberation in not being sexually liberated. Sure we learned about sex in school, but most schools in the US practice abstinence based sexual education and you may not have received all the information you think you need. Use this time to learn more about sex!
5) It’s something to look forward to.
The people who matter won’t care if you’re a virgin, or if you aren’t one. Your virginity isn’t something you should be ashamed of, ever, no matter what your age may be.