Jun 1, 2020
Written byKarlo Gomez
he question at hand has been how do we demand justice for George Floyd. Here is a list of resources to help you take action.
- George Floyd's brother Philonise Floyd has started a GoFundMe to help their family during their time of pain and sadness.
- The Minnesota Freedom Fund, they are a grassroots organization that is using donations to help bailout those who have protested for justice and change.
- Another grassroots organization Reclaim the Block, they will use donations to help the community in Minneapolis.
- Black Visions Collective, they focus on healing justice and transformative justice in their state of Minnesota.
- North Star Health Collective, They focus on strengthening radical health care in Minnesota. They provide health care services, and resources to help their community.
- Louisville Community Bail Fund is created by organizers in Louisville, Kentucky to help protestors with bail funds. This is the same city Breonna Taylor lived in.
CONTACT MINNEAPOLIS REPRESENTATIVES
- Mayor Jacob Frey and demand justice. Office: 612-673-2100 CONTACT HERE
- Call County Attorney Mike Freeman and demand the officers to be charged for murdering George Floyd. By all means call more than once. 612-348-5550
SIGN THE PETITIONS
- Color of change is demanding that Mayor Jacob Frey block the officers pension and ban them from ever becoming police officers and to demand that County Attorney Mike Freeman charge the officers involved with murder. You can also text "FLOYD" to 55156 to sign the petition. SIGN THE PETITION HERE
- Change.Org has another petition to convict the officers for murder. They currently have 9.5 million and need more. SIGN PETITION HERE
- The Action Pac is another grassroots organization that has put a petition to bring justice and convict the officers for murder. Add your name to get #JusticeforFloyd! They currently have 2.7 million and need 3.0 million SIGN PETITION HERE
For More Self Love Content. Follow Us on Instagram