id you know that our brains are wired to think negatively as opposed to positively? Like a temperature gauge always set to low (High is positive and low is negative). What controls the gauge going up and down is typically our surroundings and things that influence our mindset. Have you ever noticed how the same thing can happen to a group of people and they all react completely differently? Some brush it off, some laugh about it and some freak out. This is a direct representation of a collection of the mindsets of each of their friends and family they surround themselves by. The friend that brushed it off surrounds themselves by people who would primarily act like that. Have you ever heard that you are a collaboration of the 5 people you spend the most time with?
Obviously, you want to be in a more positive mindset most of the time. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. But it is not impossible. It takes structure and consistency. It’s going to take you practicing daily gratitude to evaluating who you want around you, influencing your daily lifestyle. I’m not saying ditch your friends and find new ones. I’m saying pick and choose who you spend your primary time with. Those around you should primarily have their gauges as high as they can get them as well. It’s most important that you set up all areas of your life in a positive way to provide you with consistently positive results and reactions to no matter what situations come your way.
Here are 5 basic ways to stay in a positive mindset and escape that negativity.
1. Write down a minimum of three things you are grateful for at least once a day. Try doing this morning and night and see what works best for you. Some do it both times.
2. Meditate. There are two different ways to go about this one. If you choose to meditate in the morning, find yourself a relaxing space to sit down quietly, cross your legs, close your eyes and think about all of the great things you have set out to do that day and what greatness it will bring to you. If you choose to do this in the evening you are also going to find yourself a relaxing space to be in but this time you are going to think about all of the good that tomorrow is going to bring and all that you are going to accomplish. This should take you no more than 5 minutes.
3. Move your body for at least 30 minutes a day. Whether it be a walk, yoga or a workout at the gym. MOVE baby!!!
4. Every time you find yourself in a situation where your negative thoughts start to flood your brain, challenge yourself to find at least one positive fact about that situation. I promise you; you will always find at least one.
5. Read! Read something good for not just the soul but for the mind. Read something knowledgeable, something that will teach you, something that will help develop your mindset.
Stay positive my loves. Want to continue the conversation, hit me up on Instagram @ambersabourin